21.8.08

confession: i am lame

Last night, I rode a bike for the first time in, ohhhhh, 5 years. Who doesn't ride a bike in 5 years? Apparently me. I must confess, I was a little bit nervous before my big ride (and by "big ride," I mean less than a mile to a friend's house and back!); what if I've lost the skill?

Never fear, I haven't. I'm as mediocre at bike riding as I was when I stopped.


So, Im proud to have taken one more step to Lawrence assimilation. Next up: Fall Ultimate Frisbee league. Straight up.


And if you're in Lawrence, or a surrounding area, and want to bike somewhere... Im down. Because Im tight like that.

Im so tight that my bike is purple. What does that say? Pure bad ass!

5 comments:

Katie Laird said...

we were wondering whose purple bike was at our house! it was a serious contender for a yard sale item. no joke, raising funds for paraguay :)

Katie Laird said...

also, im still a little hurt that you've hidden my most recent artwork of barack in rome. it was my latest creative endeavor--shot down

rachel rianne said...

that purple power bike must mean you're one confused lawrencian.

congrats on the newly re-acquired riding abilities!

Anonymous said...

You are lame. Super lame.

Sarah Amador said...

um i would love to ride bikes with you but only if they come with two sets of foot pegs and a chinear board...that is the piece of wood strapped to the cross bar that people use to chinear or carry people across town. pretty awesome. oh and absolutely no helmets.