My roommate, Paul, went on a CostCo run Sunday and got a box of the high-efficiency florescent bulbs for our apartment. Monday, when I came home from work, I discovered that the entire place had been upgraded. We feel proud to be less-consumptive, proud to be earth-friendly and proud to be Americans.
The only downfall is that it takes a couple minutes for our bathroom bulb to heat up and beforehand it casts this really odd low-lit yellow light. In the intermediary, I feel like I'm living the dilapidated house from Fight Club.
...
KC 1/2 Marathon Training Update: yesterday evening I ran the necessary 3.5 miles to keep up with the training regimen. No stopping. Ankle was fine. Definitely realized that I need new running shoes.
...
If you're in KC, you need to check out the Westside Local. It's brand-new, opening 4 weeks ago. The executive chef came from Free State Brewery in Lawrence. One of the best lunches I've had in KC. In one of my favorite areas in KC, the Westside (shocking, I know). Seriously, it's legit.

No comments:
Post a Comment