Last night, I took a step towards redeeming myself and watched There Will be Blood with Nick (In actuality, it was Nick's idea to watch TWBB; my vote was for Jumper. Guess which one of us is pursuing his PhD).
After walking out of the movie and asking my initial: WTF? What was that? I have come up a few thoughts/conclusions surrounding There Will be Blood:
1. That music was creepy. CREEPY. Nick described it as 'pure stress.' Yep. And I never want to hear it again.
2. There definitely was blood.
3. Daniel Day-Lewis better win the Oscar for Actor in a Leading Role. Watching his performance is reason enough to see the movie. Seriously. He was Amazing.

4 comments:
I saw all five today. That might have been my least favorite. I would agree with that description of the music; it gave me severe anxiety. I didn't hate it, I just couldn't figure out what the movie was. Where is it going? What is going on here? I feel confused. Is that how a movie should make you think? hmm.
all 5 in one day? respect!
yeah... the movie was pretty outrageous. there didnt seem to be a central point or theme.
nick said something that i thought was pretty insightful (sorry to steal your thunder nick, but after all, i am griz, the thunder thief!):
he paralleled daniel falling into the silver mine in the beginning of the movie with them striking oil in the middle and the giant fire. it was as if that fall (and limp he walked with) somehow brought forth the gushing anger & self-angst found deep within him. the rest of the movie was him burning it out. even the ending with him sitting there, back to the screen, and his final words, 'i'm finished' seems to put that into context.
what do you think kim? anyone else want to throw in?
hey i heard that you were going to the bo ling/bowling party.
well i got to be with some parsons that night too.
we're just such lucky people.
Graham, go look up the movie poster for "Jumper" and then go apologize to Nick for even suggesting such a pathetic choice. As for Nick he is 2 for 2 in choosing things for your life it would seem...so listen to him more.
Sarah from Uganda :)
Post a Comment