17.2.08

irony

Last weekend I purchased a paper shredder to shred some receipts, documents, etc. At $10, it seemed like the right thing to do. After christening her 'Sherry the Shredder' and 5 minutes of glorious shredding, Sherry died.

And what did I discover was part of Sherry's glorious shredding tenure?

Definitely the receipt showing my purchase of Sherry the Shredder. Perfect.


(for the sake of irony, I wish the story ended here. It doesn't.

My roommate Dave suggested I unplug Sherry and let her cool down a bit. Sherry's one hot shredder! After about 10 minutes of cool-down I turned Sherry back on. And she worked!! My response was to yell 'SHERRY'S ALIVE!!!' and give Dave a double high-five.

It was the biggest high-five Dave has ever received, which has more to say about the ferociousness of my high five and not the quality of high-five Dave has thus received.)

6 comments:

Nicolas Frisby said...

"High-ten" just doesn't get the love it deserves.

A well delivered laugh, sir.

Mr. Greer said...

I wish i could have been there to share in that roomie celebration *sniff* i'll see you guys soon enough. woo!

bec said...

ha! that is an ironic and awesome story. plus i like that you named your shredder. it's endearing.

hootenannie said...

Remember when we were sitting on the couch today, and I read this blog, and asked, "Did you mean a double high-five, like high-five twice? Or a high-ten?" And you told me, "High-ten"?

I liked that we were sitting in the same town, in the same room, on the same couch, together, for that moment.

Anonymous said...

Shut up. That is awesome. I like the fact that Graham used the word 'high ten' in a sentence at all.

Sarah

Sarah said...

So...has your blog tracker gotten multiple hits in the last few hours? I'd say you're famous.

"i'll sail upon the dogstar..."