Here are some pictures I took from the plane...
Tonight, after dinner, a quick registration, and surveying the hotel amenities, Rustin and I broke away from the other guys and went down to the beach. Beautiful. We sat on lawn chairs and talked, watching distant cruise ships.
Tomorrow morning the conference begins. Day 1 is an all day party at a private island. We're just hanging out in the sun, getting to know one another, and hopefully not getting too sunburnt! Tomorrow evening, NT Wright is speaking.
Outside of presenting the material that groundwork has formed, my excitement for Soularize centers around the feature speakers, NT Wright and Brennan Manning in particular. NT Wright is the author of Simply Christian, which is one of the best books I've read of late, maybe in general. I highly recommend it to just about anyone.
My history with Brennan Manning goes back to late high school when I ran across his the Ragamuffin Gospel. It was the first "Christian" book I read and ushered me into a new way of seeing and experiencing life. For years it has been a dream to hear him speak; I have been so preoccupied with preparation that only a few weeks ago, I realized, 'Im hearing Brennan Manning!!' I love it!

No comments:
Post a Comment