Last night, I realized that, over the course of the week, I have developed the official mark of summer for me:
the farmer's tan.
Every year, I declare that I am going to spend enough time in the sun to at least break even. I don't necessarily have to be all that tan, per se, I just don't want to be that guy with the line that goes from tan(ish) to immediately pale. Yet, year after year, I fail. I think this week officially screwed me for the rest of the summer.
Farmer's tan: 15
Rest of my white self: 3
Damn.
(and yes, Katie, Tyler, Nicole, or anyone else in Lawrence, this would be a totally appropriate time to make yet another jab at my brief stint in the tanning booth. BASE TAN people, and no, I didn't get burned in the Bahamas, thank you very much.)

5 comments:
(clears throat)
Farmer's tan is one thing...but a Ross tan is much, much worse.
(http://youtube.com/watch?v=xbzyeGKYpUg)
I can't believe that you stole the opportunity to make fun of you for going tanning.
But really- I hear that they have couples packs on tanning... which means I can book us anytime next week.
the farmer's tan.
the curse of being a civil engineer.
you could stay a civil engg, living with those terrible lines on your upper arms,
or you could switch to any other type of engineering,
and slowly lose all pigmentation due to underexposure of natural lighting.
tough stuff, it is.
Post a Comment