26.6.08

Rome 1: the flight over & England

Last night, 3 planes, 27 hours & a sleepless night in London's Gatwick airport, I arrived in Kansas City. Luke picked me up and we immediately hit up Chili's for a burger (Sadly, it's true. I wanted a burger and Chili's somehow was what I wanted. Luke laughed at me, but was gracious about the whole experience).

I don't really know what to share or where to begin with this trip, so I've decided to share it in a few installments...



To save some cash, I decided to fly over to London and then catch a regional airline to Rome, EasyJet (think Southwest airlines with annoyingly-bright orange clad flight attendants). As a result, I had an 8 hour layover on my way to Rome.... and a 12 hour on my return (more in a latter post). Rather than spend a lame afternoon at the airport's Starbucks, I spontaneously took a train into London to take a look around.



Though not entirely sure what I saw, it was a great afternoon; definitely the right way to start the trip. Here are a few of my favorite pictures...





1 comment:

Nicole said...

I would like to say, impressed that you left the airport and had an adventure around the city...
Not nearly as impressed that you ate at Chili's. Isn't that just the bad Applebees? That's what Dave Coon told me, at least.