4.3.08

No Artists Named Patty

I'm not sure when this happened, but sometime between the age of 12 and 23, I vowed I would never listen to any singers with 'Patty' in their name. I'm not certain where this came from, but I have a hunch it stems from an over-saturation of Sandy Patty as a youth.

Today, I humbly acknowledge that I was wrong. Patty Griffin. Oh my.


6 comments:

THE PARSONS said...

Oh my is right. thanks to you, I have now purchased lovely patty and she is on repeat in our office all day - truly a beautiful artist - oh my.

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

By far my favorite Patty song ever.

hootenannie said...

My favorite Patty song is "Poor Man's House" - I don't know why. I guess because I like the line "Mama says, 'God tends to every little skinny sheep, so count your ribs and say your prayers and get to sleep.'"

But then, I also love "Moses" (so kickass), and "When It Don't Come Easy." It makes me cry, and I don't know why. Probably just because I'm Annie, and sometimes I just cry.

Sarah Kate said...

Patty is BY FAR one of my favorite musicians. I've seen her in concert quite a few times...at the Ryman twice (definitely a stop for your next Nashvegas adventure). She is amazing and I love love love her.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for using the video I uploaded. I felt it was necessary to get that song on YouTube so people can discover her.