Dearest blog,
The time has come for us to take a break. Don't worry, it won't be forever. I just think it's good for us to have a little space. It will be better for the both of us. It's not me, it's you.
I love to write; I really do. I love sharing my thoughts and ideas. I love telling funny stories and posting pictures. I love linking in my current favorite songs or sharing a movie clip that really grabs me. But I feel such pressure from you; I must post, everyday. And my posts must be amazing: thoughtful and funny, provocative and imaginative. You're always there, waiting, wanting more and more and more. And I just can't keep doing this. It's not me, it's you.
And so, we need this break. It won't be forever; just for a season. I haven't been letting my ideas percolate enough before throwing them out for the world to see. I need to focus on my own writing; the writing that is deep within and is my secret. You put me in production mode, dearest blog, and I need to cut myself off. Really, it's not me, it's you.
Maybe, just maybe, I'll post every now and then. A picture or two when a favorite person visits. A funny story that just has to be shared. A song that has gotten so much play on my iPod it only seems logical to give it a post. But by and large, space is good. I'm sorry. But, I do mean it, it's not me, it's you.
you mean so much to me,
graham
23.3.08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Dear Graham,
You can't break up with ME, because I'm breaking up with YOU! (You just ruined by life, you loser).
Sincerely,
Your Blog
But... but...
Why?
Fine. I don't care. Just as long as you keep checking my blog on a regular basis, thus boosting my numbers.
(I will miss you.)
Bummer dude.... I like the Graham check-in. Plus you're totally linked on my new secret blog.
I have to say though, I relate. My journal gets way more TLC when I'm not blogging.
Well. Yay for privacy and percolation. Later gator. See you in a couple weeks. :)
whoa wait,
you're leaving the place that brought you so much happiness?
...
now my blog has one less advertiser for its amazing matchmaking abilities.
you're not leaving one blog. you're leaving two.
see how that bodes on your conscience.
Graham... I don't even know you, but I find this blog quite funny (and perhaps can very much relate). I am going to keep on blogging now, but I hear you.
Maybe next Lent for this Lutheran-bred chick. ;)
Peace,
Kris
Post a Comment