14.1.08

i suppose i'll share my answers

Luke tagged me on this. i'm pretty certain it's blogging etiquette to comply, but I dont think this will be nearly as much fun since Luke named half the books I was thinking of on his list. I think we influence each other too much.


One book that changed your life:

the Wisdom of the Enneagram. the Power of Full Engagement. Renovation of the Heart. and, of course, the friends that introduced them to me. (yes, that is 3 books. i change rules to my advantage as much as possible.)


One book that you read more than once:

Actually, for the first time last week, I ended a book and then immediately started it over: the Challenge of Jesus. Also, the Ragamuffin Gospel is a multi-read through. It has to be.


One book that you would want on a desert island:

Probably a survival guide. This one looks adequate.


One book that made you laugh:

I am America (and so can you) and I haven't even read it. It's that good.


One book that made you cry:

Tragically, I'm not much of a crier; I'm working on it. So when my eyes get damp while reading a book... I'm basically letting it all go! I remember a story in What's so Amazing about Grace getting to me, as did some of the climaxes in the Harry Potter epic.


One book you wish you had written:

In the Name of Jesus: Reflections on Christian Leadership... merely because I wish I believed & lived 25% of what Nouwen says. Brilliantly refreshing.


One book you are currently reading:

Freakenomics. Any book that has a chapter titles: 'why do drug dealers still live with their moms?' and then explains it... is amazing!


One book you have been meaning to read:

the Brothers Karamazov. Yes, Luke. You gave it to me 2 Christmases ago. I still haven't read it. I did pick it up and read a little bit, but comeon, it's terribly difficult reading! I'll get to it soon!

4 comments:

Sarah Amador said...

yes! i love it that HP got the tear vote. rowling is pretty stellar.

i just checked out freakonomics today...i'm definitely excited to discover the teacher-sumo picture.

luke said...

appreciate your etiquette, and no repeats (mostly).

about bk--push through man. you'll get used to the names and the style is just a mental thing for you, i swear. trust me, it will be well worth it. i mean, i am reading tom at your suggestion. after you've been snorkeling with him, how could i not?

Two Guys Good Health said...

touche. but somehow i consider TW a bit different than FD. a 21st century british anglican bishop and a 19th century russian author...

i have a feeling im going to read it and absolutely love it! and then i'll be kicking myself and apologizing for putting it off for so long!

hows challenge of Jesus going? AHHHmazing?

luke said...

confession: i've only read the introduction so far. it's hard when you read 8 books at once ok!!!