18.7.07

Conferences...

Tomorrow morning, bright and early, I'm heading to Chicago for the 'Emergent Midwest Gathering: Creating Missional Communities' Conference. It is put on by the Midwest Emergent Cohorts group. I wish I was cool and could say that I'll be blogging from the conference... but let's just be honest, I probably won't!

For one, I have a hard time processing that quickly, and therefore I'd probably just declare my rants rather than anything intelligent or insightful. Secondly, I've never been to Chicago... like I'm going to spend extra time throwing down blog posts.

But, since I am going to this conference, I do think it is appropriate to share my #1 rule when attending conferences: the best part of conferences is skipping conferences. Possibly it is merely a juvenile desire to ditch school resurfacing, or maybe I just really want to chill in a coffee shop when I should be somewhere else, but when it comes down to it I just have to get away!

So, maybe ya'll will get a blog post, and maybe I'll hear some good speakers, but I definitely will be sneaking away for some coffee!


oh, and Chicago... any suggestions?

No comments: