20.5.07

Off to Rome...

After months of refusing to join the blogging world... I finally broke down. Apparently, 6 weeks in Rome elicits this deep desire to share your experiences. Fascinating.

I'm going with some friends from Bridgeway Church in Oklahoma City; we're going to serve a team that has moved to Rome to plant a Church. Honestly, I've got no idea what our time is going to look like, but I thought I'd attempt to keep everyone updated with what's goin' down. I'll try to post a little every few days and will definitely throw up some pics for the visual learners among us.

Tomorrow the adventure begins. I jump on a plane around 3p and head to Cinnci. After a brief layover, I'm on my plane to London. I arrive at Gatwick Tuesday morning and wait 2 hours to meet up with Jessica, Ashley & Micah (As for the rest of our crew: Zak is already in Rome and Taylor is going to be joining us a few days later). The four of us then fly to Rome Tuesday evening.


Though I'm still in lovely P.Village, I've already formed a few opinions:
1. 44 lbs. really isnt a lot of stuff and when 14 of it is your bag; the logical conclusion: you gotta find a new bag!

2. Packing for a 6 week trip to Italy while moving out of your house is not a good combination. It makes for really poor social interactions and a lot of screened calls... I mean, I dont ever screen...

3. Easyjet needs to raise their 20 kg limit to match the U.S. limit of 50 lbs. I know that 22.679 618 5 kilogram isnt exactly the cleanest number, but it would have made packing a lot easier!

4. Sometimes you just need to stop packing so that you can eat your Chipotle and drink Boulevard. It's the right thing to do!