We made it!
Apparently the Italian traffic controllers had a scheduled strike yesterday, so we had about 2 hours of waiting in line at the easyJet counter and almost buying new tickets to fly to Madrid. And then they informed us that in fact all other flights to Rome were cancelled... except ours!! So we chilled in Gatwick for 2 more hours and were on our plane! We landed in Rome last night around 8:30.
Other than the excitement at the end, the flights were great! I had some great conversations and despite getting no sleep really felt rejuvenated and full. As I was talking with fellow travelers, listening to music and watching movies (Stranger than Fiction... loved it!!), I just felt God was saying this trip was going to be about formation: transformation, information, etc. Joel 2:28,29 came to mind...
'Then, after doing all those things, I will pour out my Spirit upon all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy. Your old men will dream dreams. Your young men will see visions. In those days, I will pour out my Spirit, even on servants - men and women alike.'
May it be so!
The pizza is amazing. The beer is OK. The public transportation is easy. And our apartment is amazing! I've gotta plenty of stories, but I'll save 'em for now!

1 comment:
Sounds sweet, Graham. I'm glad your trip went well - I'm looking forward to stories. And speaking of formation and movies . . . I'm also looking forward to Trasformers (Robots in Disguise). Blockbuster, baby! Sorry - random. Peace
Post a Comment