...
you may or may not know this about me, but i am not a good speller.
when it comes to words, i'm rarely good with them at all.
in fact, one of the two situations in which friends have decided to use my name to describe a common occurrence is around my (poor) use of words: Grahamism*
(as defined by my friend David...)
Grahamism (greyuhm-isum) - a verbal faux pax. Examples of this are as simple as the inaccurate use of a word and as complex as stating something profoundly obvious or combining ideas that simply do not go together. Some examples of Grahamisms that have been witnessed are the following: "I heard visually ..."; "What time is it? ... You mean now?"; and pronouncing the word Poseidon as "POY-suh-dinn."; "The fan has a wall mount that you can use to mount it on the wall." Naming a verbal faux pax as a Grahamism identifies that it is funny, poignant, endearing, and representative of one's love and affection for the errant.
Sometimes I can't use words right. Sometimes I mix my metaphors. Sometimes I can't pronounce things correctly. And sometimes I can't spell.
So, when I write a blog post, hit the spell check button and am informed that my blog is error free in terms of spelling, I expect something a little bit better than "no spelling errors found."
Hot Damn, no errors here!! seems a bit more up my alley.

No comments:
Post a Comment